Artist...student...lesbian...someone new

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

painting

Last night was my watercolor class with this wonderful woman named Connie Henderson. It was probably THE most valuable lesson thus far. I'll post a pic of it in my yahoo pictures later and put the link in here perhaps.

I've had so much fun with my painting. It's the most relaxing, rewarding hobby I've ever taken up. Actually, I'm starting to think it's going beyond a hobby.... I crave it whenever I don't have the time for several days to work on it. It's almost an addiction.... something that is good for my soul.

I would like to implement art into my psychology degree somehow. I'm thinking about specializing in art therapy. Perhaps different types of art therapy for different problems. Such as sculpture or pottery for abuse victims. Giving them back a feeling of solidity with their hands. Power to shape something solid.

Or perhaps surreal painting for stress management problems. Or watercolors for depression.

There is actually an Association strictly for those who utilize art therapy in mental health fields. They have a long list of uses and it is approved forms of therapy by the American Psychiatric Counsel. It's interesting. I am heavily leaning towards finding out more and taking several studio art classes in college.

I wish I'd found this part of me years ago....

I woke up a tad sick this morning. Lisa's friend, Jen, came from Indiana this last weekend to stay three days with us --- with a cold.

It's in my throat and chest already. Only took three days. Must be a good one.

Great.

Sick.

Just freakin' love it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home