Artist...student...lesbian...someone new

Friday, May 05, 2006

It's Friday...

And Lisa is still in Ithaca going round and round with the lawyer and builder. Apparently they think we can just sit here in Maine in limbo until the water problem gets fixed. Lisa is not happy and I don't blame her. I'm not too happy about it either. She just spend a boatload of money on a new house that we can't even live in. And, in the meantime she can't sell this one and go look for a job in Ithaca until we move. So she's out all THAT money, too. The lawyer says we need to sit tight here in Maine for a few weeks. I don't think she realizes how much moving 600 miles entails. Our mail has already been changed at the post office. All of our bills have been switched over to the new address. We have a child whose school system is trying to figure out when he will start school. Our house is in shambles with boxes everywhere and most of our belongings are already packed up and we are left with the bare-bone essentials. It doesn't seem like anyone in this situation realizes the problems this has caused.

Kira, the bed kitty, my little guardian angel, is finally home. She's still not feeling completely normal I don't think, but she's better than she was. Her fur doesn't look as ratty as it did. The vet flushed her kidneys and sent her home with special food that isn't so hard on her renal system. We'll find out Monday how it worked when I take her back in for bloodwork. Otherwise we're looking at serious kidney failure and possibly putting her to sleep. It makes me cry to think of it. She's so sweet with her big, round eyes looking up at me...

On other news, my primary doctor isn't so sure that my diagnosis from the cardiologist is correct. It could be because I started having chest pains and palpitations while I was in her office the other day after being off of the beta blockers for not even twenty four hours.

So my health is still a mystery. I get a high pulse with normal blood pressure most times I have tachycardia or palpitations. Sometimes, but not always my blood pressure goes up slightly. I get wicked headaches, I have to pee all the time, and I'm thirsty all the time. I think it might be my adrenal glands. Possibly the ONE freakin' test they didn't give me might show the answer to all this crap. And now... I can't get ahold of the doctor. I called yesterday afternoon and left a message and I called this morning and left a message. So far no luck. The new beta blocker is working well, but I can only take a quarter of a tablet of otherwise my BP goes down too low. Most people get put on 9 TIMES that amount for high blood pressure. I think the reason why I can't take more is cuz I don't have high blood pressure. I only have palpitations caused by high pulse. And the high pulse... is probably caused by... my adrenal glands. The catch 22? I have to go off the beta blockers for two weeks before I can have the test. I just can't win... if I go off the beta blockers I have palpitations and I start having chest pains and I can't function... I get tired and short of breath and shaky. I can't live like that for one day let alone two weeks! And it seems to be getting worse. The day before I went onto the beta blockers for the first time last week I only had palpitations a few times. The other day when I was off of them, I was having palpitations ALL the time plus I had chest pains.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Well, it's time to go work on my term paper and study for exams...

wish me luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home